Helping Alaska Businesses And Unions With Complex Employment And Labor Law
We represent Alaska businesses in many employment law issues employers might face, including:
- Wrongful termination
- Employment discrimination and harassment claims
- Retaliatory discharge
- Alaska Wage and Hour Act litigation
- Labor grievances
- Contract negotiations
- Noncompetition and separation agreements
- Executive contracts
The employment lawyers at Dillon & Findley, P.C., represent employers on a broad range of employment issues in state and federal courts and in administrative proceedings before the Anchorage Equal Rights Commission, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, the Alaska State Commission for Human Rights and the Alaska Department of Labor.
Dillon & Findley provides representation for municipalities, businesses and Alaska Native corporations in their employment matters. We also have experience in alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation.
Representing Alaska’s Labor Unions
Dillon & Findley provides representation for unions and union members in litigation and arbitration. Our legal team has experience:
- Filing unfair labor practice charges (through appeals at the trial and appellate court levels)
- Representing unions and workers at hearings before an administrative law judge
- Representing unions and workers in litigation before federal and state courts
- Handling class actions benefiting workers
- Interfacing with government agencies conducting investigations
The team at Dillon & Findley has proudly represented Alaska International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW), Public Safety Employees Association (PSEA), Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC) Legal Defense Fund, and Alaska Police Department Employees Association (APDEA). Our firm has also represented the Alaska AFL-CIO, Alaska Public Employees Association/AFT, IBEW Local 1547, Public Employees Local 71, Operating Engineers Local 302, Alaska State Employees Association/AFSCME Local 52, Alaska Laborers Local 341 and Teamsters Local 959 during their legal issues.
Our Labor Law Successes
The team at Dillon & Findley, along with other attorneys, successfully obtained a permanent injunction against the state of Alaska for violating the Alaska Constitution by unilaterally changing how state employees’ union dues are collected. We also successfully represented the local IBEW in breach of contract claims brought by a local utility company, eliminating its potential damage exposure.
Our legal team also represented the APDEA and individual members in numerous matters, including:
- The successful litigation of a complex unfair labor arbitration that resulted in the restoration of the 4/10 workweek for represented employees
- The litigation of proceedings before the Alaska Police Standards Council
- Support of officers involved in deadly force investigations and representation for officers involved in officer-involved shootings
Discuss Your Case Today
Contact Dillon & Findley online or call 907-519-0668 to connect with a diligent Alaska labor and employment lawyer at our Anchorage office. We serve clients throughout Alaska and can also discuss your legal matter in a virtual consultation.